The Myth: I gone to the campus for the tour before, so I won’t need to visit as a student that is admitted.
The Verdict: Even if you have visited campus, it is helpful to see as an admitted student as you consider carefully your admission offer.
What a wonderful time of the year! Admitted students recently heard that they are part of the Trojan Family and now its time for students to result in the important decision of where you should head to college. At USC, we have numerous programs for pupils to obtain one look that is last they make their decision.
Often times pupils may think it’s pointless in the future to campus in April when they went on a tour their junior or senior 12 months. Nevertheless, it may definitely be worth your time to go to campus in the context as a student that is admitted. You are coming to campus to consider applying to USC. Is this a possibility when you take a tour as a prospective student? Can I see myself here? What information do I would like to know about applying?
Visiting campus as an student that is admitted a totally various feeling and set of questions that need answers. At this point, USC is completely a possibility. We have extended an offer of admission, and now it’s time to take a serious and look that is close. Where would I be living? Who be my classmates? Which professors is teaching my classes? What communities will I join? Visiting campus as an admitted student helps you answer those questions and start to visualize your potential experience at USC.
So come visit us! You’ll sign up for Explore (full day programs), Preview (half time programs), or Admitted Student Day throughout your online portal at you.usc.edu.
Can’t come to campus? We possibly may be visiting a populous city near you! We recognize that planing a trip to campus might be logistically difficult, but you want to be sure to answer all your questions. Reservations for off-campus events can be made at also you.usc.edu.
Congratulations! On behalf of the workplace of Admission, welcome to the Trojan Family. We hope to see you on campus!
Mythbuster: I’ve been admitted to spring, therefore I’m waitlisted
The Myth: we’m a springtime admit, so I’m basically waitlisted.
The Verdict: No! You’re admitted to USC!
Every USC admits students to the spring semester, expecting to enroll about 300-500 of those students year. Many people assume spring admission is our waitlist. And while we might be able to move a number of the pupils to the autumn semester, spring admission is not a waitlist. Spring admission is an admission offer to USC.
So just why do we get it done? Well, every 12 months we understand there is going to be pupils leaving in the spring semester by either graduating early or studying abroad. We also have a very competitive admission process at USC, so we can never ever admit every one of the wonderful students whom apply to USC. So spring admission allows us to admit much more of the amazing students we would like at USC we will have more space available in the spring semester because we know.
Spring admits aren’t any less important to USC than students admitted to the fall or students who transfer to USC after a couple of semesters of college elsewhere. Spring admits are just as much USC students as just about any Trojan, and they are wanted by us at USC as just about any Trojan. Coming to USC in the spring permits you to start your college experience in an unique way. You can ease in to the college change by taking classes at a neighborhood college. You are able to explore the global globe through a study abroad system. It is possible to have a break from the grind and luxuriate in a month or two off of college!
When you yourself haven’t done so already, you should visit our website at www.usc.edu/springadmit. You can find lots of information about the resources we have for our spring admits ranging from course planning the fall to USC that is purchasing football tickets.
That you are an accomplished student and a wonderful addition to the Trojan Family if you are a spring admit, please know. We look ahead to https://shmoop.pro/1984-by-george-orwell-points-to-ponder/ inviting you to campus spring 2017.
Dear Admitted Transfer Students…
Many transfer students are beginning to hear from us with decisions. If you haven’t already, don’t panic. We will contact everybody by June 1st with either a request spring grades or even a decision. Which basically means more waiting…sorry. For all those of you have got already been admitted, or are wondering just what the steps that are next be if you are admitted, this web site’s for you personally.
- In your letter of admission, you’ve probably noticed you need to submit your Enrollment Commitment deposit by June 1st or within two weeks of receiving your admission letter that it says. What this means is, in the event that you receive the admission decision before June 1st, you have until June 1st to choose. If you get the letter after June 1st, you have two days to submit the deposit and form.
- Fill in the FAFSA plus the CSS profile ASAP, or even already completed. We usually do not want your capability to invest in USC become held up by school funding. The earlier these documents are had by us, the quicker we can enable you to get the information.
- Submit your housing application. Although housing is not guaranteed for transfer pupils, there is some availability. The earlier you apply, the better the chances. You are able to submit your housing application prior to the commitment deposit. USC also has off-campus student housing, so don’t neglect to check those options also.
- Register for Orientation 5-7 company days after your submit your dedication deposit. You shall receive an e-mail with the link.
- Send all final official transcripts from your own many recent term in college.
- Get SUPER excited because you’re a Trojan!
Of program, we’re always prepared to help. So if you want anything, please just give us a call!